During school days, Kaiden's bedtime was between 1930H to 2000H; and around 2100H on weekends. But since school is over, I let him stay up around his weekend bedtime. 
He was doing well for the past month, but lately he had been staying up really late. As late as 2230H or even up to my bedtime. After dinner, I let him play or do his thing right up to his bedtime. I then tuck him in as he say his nightly prayer; and I read him a book or tell a story (mostly about the movies he'd watched . . . which lately was Kung Fu Panda and Nim's Island); lay with him for a few minutes and just let him fall asleep then I head out the door. After putting him to bed, I either go on the net or watch tv with Hubby. I check on him from time to time, and it's funny how he would pretend to be asleep when he hears someone coming up or walking towards his room. He would laugh when he finds out that it's just me or smile if it's Hubby. Then he would utter endless excuses just to stay up. He will be quiet so you'd think he's already in dreamland for it's already late. But no, you'll find him still wide awake and just fidgeting around in bed.
I have tried to let him stay up all day without his afternoon nap to get him really tired, but to no avail. He still slept late. Even a warm glass of milk doesn't help. He would want me to sleep with him but it will just lead to more and more stories!
I don't know what makes him stay up late these past days. And even though he went to bed way way past his bedtime, he still gets up the usual time. I am worried that he isn't getting the adequate number of hours that he needs.
I hope this is just like one of those days . . ., and he'll be back to his normal sleeping habits in no time.
Gorgeously . . .
Mrs. G
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Kaiden's Recent Late Bedtime
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























11 comments:
Yogi is sometimes like that too, staying up until 10 o'clock even if he hasn't taken his afternoon nap. I guess those are times that they're like "hyper-active" (that's how we call it). Pero di naman lagi, meron lang time talaga.
Don't worry, babalik din sa normal ang sleeping time ni Kaiden. (",)
Enjoy your week ahead!
Same with my kids every summer. Let them feel the freedom of doing things without telling them. I guess it's part of growing up. Have a great day Sheng
Ester's Daily Thoughts
Ester's Money Journal
Naku Mummy...our little one was like that. I had to be in the room bago sya matulog. Ngayon she can sleep on her own na kaso there are nights that she wakes up in the middle of the night.
I guess you would have to let him go back to his regular sched kasi baka maging problema pa when school starts again.
Mommy J
Hmmm same with my niece here she go to bed at 11 or 12 midnight. Sabagay hindi pa pumapasok kaya ok lang. Thanks for the visit ganda ng mga pictures mo...
You're not alone sis.. my fabia is like that too.. sometimes I'm the first one to fell asleep..hehehe..I reckon its just one of the many phases and stages of childhood life that we mums have to be patient of. Talk about motherhood. hehehe
don't worry sheng, their sllep cycle is always changing, it'll go back to normal ;)
maybe he's used to sleeping late now. at least he doesn't whine like other kiddos do. :)
i agree with mom j's comment. send him back to regular sleeping sched. i am having the same problem nga eh. especially with my toddler boy.
Pinay Mommy Online
Blessings and Beyond
hi sheng,
i do understand what u feel ryt now. i'm not a mom but im surrounded with kids all the time. my brothers and sisters complain the same and also my parents at work. it is just part of the cycle and then they'll go back to their normal sked. anyway tnx for the visit.
i have experienced it too with Andrea. Nauuna pa ako matulog. Bring him back to his routine sis.
Cheers,
Outback Pinay
Cheeky-Pinay
I am pretty sure he have something to do that would keep him from staying up late...
Howdy! hows your wednesday dear?
Post a Comment