Credits

Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Our Friday's Day Out

We had another long but interesting day last Friday. It involves walking, lots of it; which seems to be pretty much a part of our going out time. Though it was not as draining like what we had earlier this week. Kaiden just loves going over the bridge and seeing the wide Daugava River. What he actually like to see are the speed boats gushing through it.

We had lunch first at you all know where. McDo's toys this season are from Kung Fu Panda. Kaiden wanted to collect all of it! He's got 5 of the 8 characters. So 3 more to go!




We spent the whole afternoon at the Old Town as Hubby is meeting us by 1800H. I don't know what else to do there to pass up time so I thought of going to museums. But that will be on further post, for it's a bit long.

In between our museum-hopping, we rested at some bench there. Kaiden run around at a small lawn while I just sat there and put my feet up.



Then there's these 3 ladies who were in a Renaissance-themed (or whatever period that may be) garb, sitting at a bench accross us. I told Kaiden that I want to get a photo of him with the ladies. He said yes but got coy when I approached them. So I just asked if I could take a photo of them 3; and they smilingly agreed.



They said 'Bye!' as they were walking away, and Kaiden replied 'Goodbye!' to them. Then when 1 of them was about to walk back to him, he came running to me! Funny kid!

I wanna have something to eat so we went to our favorite tea shop. Stayed there for I think more than half an hour before we head to the park. We saw 4 pairs of newly weds having their pictorials all over the park. Got to have a little participation with 1 couple. But of course we're not included in the pic. I will leave that to a different entry, again.

We stayed in the park till Hubby came. We killed time by feeding the birds.



Took some photos around.








Hubby was hungry so we went looking for some place to eat. I suggested the other branch of Steiku Haoss since we have been to the last one a number of times already.









> > > Kaiden's Salmon with shrimp and leafy dressing, plus potatoes < < <


> > > Hubby's Pork Tenderloin with sliced potatoes in some kind of sauce < < <


> > > My well-done Fillet Mignon and baked potato with creamy cheese < < <


It was a lovely dinner. I like this branch better because it is more inviting than the other one. Though the latter really had a Cowboy-themed ambiance. But this one is more open; more space for tables and chairs; well ventilated and their restrooms are huge, almost like a whole bedroom! It is very clean and smells good too. Pity I did not bring my camera with me when I went to the loo. Well, there's always next time. I hope so! Hubby said our bill was a bit pricey. But we enjoyed it.


Gorgeously . . .
Mrs. G

8 comments:

Lynn said...

Watching the food made me hungry. Sigh! How i wish i can have those food right at this very moment. Har.

Yogi has been staring at those Kung Fu Panda pictures for like five minutes now. I wonder when he's gonna stop. (",)

Lovely pics. Happy Sunday to your family!

Joy0z said...

I admire the way you stated all the happenings in your life Sheng especially those lovely photos that really describes you're having fun. Keep it up! have a blessed Sunday

Unknown said...

i enjoyed all the photos sheng. thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

lovely pictures sheng! you have a perfect family..I like the foods too so yummy nakakagutom, thanks for the visit..take care

PinayWAHM said...

Hi Mommy Sheng....

Looks like a great day again. Musta na?

Juliana

Anonymous said...

It was a nice day out! Cool place :)
We had a rainy summer here, couldn't roam around *sigh*

Lynn said...

We do have Mcdo here but we seldom go there so when we found out about the Kung Fu Panda collectibles, yung snake na lang ang natira. Yogi doesn't like it and he wants the Panda. (",)

Nova said...

Mcdo, I have a funny memory about that here [NY], i was ordering some icetea, and good thing that i told the cashier that its a sweet one, as it says different here to pinas, they gave me actually the sweetened tea, i was thinking of nestea, that is what i was supposed to told the cashier in order for him to gave me that one, i have no choice but to drink half of the tea, as my fiancee doesn't want it.. hahahaha..

you have so much fun with your weekend... thanks for sharing sheng..