I have always loved cakes, brownies and pastries. My sister Tyn used to bake when she was here. I never even dared nor asked her to show me how. I just never liked cooking nor baking at all. Though I don't have a choice with the cooking part. Still struggling with it.
Anyways, since no one will make brownies for me, unless I buy one; I put up the courage to try and bake one yesterday. I got this very easy-to-make pack with such basic ingredients and instructions. I get to have a very cute and ebullient little helper too; wanting to do everything! It's funny how he tasted it and almost licked clean the spoon and bowl!
We have already started mixing the ingredients when I remembered to take photos. > > > before . . . < < <
> > > after . . . < < <
I burnt it! I'm so ignorant with using an oven and got confused with the supposed temperature for baking. I have also used a number of toothpicks, checking it at almost every second! Kaiden was excited to have one and eagerly waited till it cooled down.
Hubby and I were talking over at YM and I told him that I tried baking brownies but burnt it. He said I was good for trying. I mentioned how Kaiden licked what's left in the bowl. He said he did the same thing with his Mum when he was little. I replied that Kaiden really is his child! LOL!
Hubby had a couple of slices of my burnt brownies when he got home and liked it! He said it wasn't cooked in the middle and I did not stir it well, but it tasted good.
There's always a first time for everything and I know I didn't do bad somehow. It was a good start! Maybe I'll end up liking baking after all.
Gorgeously . . .
Mrs. G
Saturday, July 12, 2008
My First Ever Attempt At Baking
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























11 comments:
oh mummy sheng...your hubby and your kiddo is very sweet. they love your brownies.
anyway, there is always a first time for everything. next time it will be baked inside too.
take care!! :)
Pinay Mommy Online
Blessings and Beyond
wow, the brownies looks yummy! yeah, first try won't be perfect but at least you tried. that's what hubby told me before when the foods i cooked were burn or uncook. but as time goes on, you'll know how to make it and learn some techniques base on your experiences. hopefully, you'll soon master it. that's my grandpa's fave when he was still alive. he patiently wait for my brownies to cook and eat it before going to bed. Good luck with your baking. :)
HI
WE ALL HAVE TO START SOME WHERE
GOOD ON YOU FOR HAVING AGO AS LONG AS ITS FUN & YOU ENJOY IT
LOOKS LIKE THE LITTLE ONE LOVED IT
IM A QUALIFIED BAKER WITH MANY YEARS EXPERIENCE IVE JUST STARTED MY BLOG YOU MAY WANT TO CHECK IT OUT
I WILL BE GIVING AWAY ALL MY TRADE SECRETS & HOPE TO PUT DEMONSTRATION VIDEOS ON EACH WHEN I GET ALL THE HARD WARE I NEED
HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE SOON
Good try, Sheng... Cooking or baking is always a great habit not just to attract your hubby or kid's tummies and taste buds but it's an excellent achievement for yourself...
Keep trying and hmm, that first try draws my out my appetite. I always love "sunog" whether it's bread, pastries even biscuits, lol!
Have a pleasant weekend to you and your family!
Hi Mummy Sheng, Been there. . . Done that ! I have never baked in the Philippines. When I got here, I had to . . . out of necessity. My first time was so terrible that I literally trashed it . . . lol ! But, the more did it, the better the result . Your brownies look good and like some , I love a little "sunog" brownies . Keep doing it and before you know it, master mo na yan !
Take care and thanks for always dropping by my place. I appreciate it !
well, that turns out well and looks yummy too! take care!
I love brownies and I'd love to learn baking too. Wala pa lang chance.
Practice makes perfect, Sheng so most probably, okie dokie na yan next time. (",)
Enjoy your weekend!
Woo hoo!! At least your first try was edible...haha. Seriously, up until now I can't seem to perfect baking. Laging may oopss moment...less and less as go along.
Anyway, like everyone said just keep on doing it. Before you know it you will be a pro....
Musta ang weekend?
Mommy J
mommy, mukhang masarap naman yung binake mo eh...
ok lang yan sa mga first timers. ako din nasunog din ang first attempt ko ng brownies before.
Like you sis am not into baking..talentless me pagdating dyan.. although I tried baking before and burnt it and Mk was so supportive and so sweet to ate them. hahaha..
oks lang yan, first time...next time eh you'll do better na..
kaiden's so cute! hehehe
hi sheng.. i'm a sucker for brownies.. nice try :D your brownies still look good :D I never really tried baking, but they say its much more difficult than cooking..
happy baking! :D
Post a Comment