Latvia has museums everywhere! Just in Riga (mainly in the Old Town) alone, boasts about 19 of them!
We have physically been to about 9 museums, though have passed/stood by most of them. I just don't find some of those museums interesting enough for us to take time and visit it.
Ethnographic Open-Air Museum (Etnografiskais Brivdabas Muzejs)
This has been the first open-air museum that I have been to. Is is huge, with a 100 hectares of Latvian houses, farmsteads, windmills, wooden churches and things about Latvian that dates back from the 16th to the 19th century.
We had such an enjoyable time there and took tons of pictures that I accidentally lost! You might remember how I raved on about it in here!
Museum of War (Kara Muzejs)
This museum showcases the complex military/political history of Latvia, struggling for independence during the 1st and 2nd World Wars, plus their strife under the Soviet occupation that lasted from the 1940's till 1991; when the USSR collapses.
This 4 storey museum is also known as the Powder Tower. Entrance is free. It holds a lot of Latvia's rich history, especially during the communist times. This has been one of the best museums I have ever been to. The collection pieces that they have from weapons, photos, documents, awards and other stuff, are very well preserved and presented.
Gorgeously . . .
Mrs. G
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Latvian Museum Hopping --> Part 1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























4 comments:
Yes its the best and great museum! lots of wonderful collections, love to see them too.. thanks for sharing sheng, have a nice day..
Sheng,
Nagawa mo na pala yung CLICK HERE TO CONTINUE READING dito sa site mo. Good work. Di ko pa naipost yung article eh. hehehe!
wow, nice museum. kaiden looks good with his orange shirt. he's like a little kilabot ng kolehiyala. :)
Mukhang maganda nga yang museum na yan. Matingnan nga. Hehe.
Post a Comment