Lately I have been craving for Filipino food! I can't stop thinking about it and have been wanting to have some! No, not some, a lot lot lot! And there's no way I can get any in here! All of our stocks have already been consumed. I should have asked Hubby to get me some more, the last time he flew to Manila. Sigh . . .
I can't wait to go back to the Philippines and gorge myself with all the food that I want! I always and always gain weight everytime I'm home, so what the heck! I don't care, as long as my salivating appetite is satisfied! Now I may seem like a famished little being here! LOL!
It's only been 4 months since the last time I was in Manila, but it's like ages already! I just don't know why I had this sudden ache for Filipino goodies! I guess because I can never have it here anytime I wanted to; unlike in Brisbane, Taipei or Dubai, where Filipino stores are everywhere.
Thinking about it makes me want to have it NOW! I'm missing the food . . . I'm missing HOME!
Gorgeously . . .
Mrs. G
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Filipino Food
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























22 comments:
There's always no place like home...
Happy wednesday blogging here too, Sheng!
Ay ganun ba? Saan koba nalagay yung comment ko nayun at dimo nakita? Wahehehe..hala ka Sheng..a baby girl sister for Kaiden...yohooo..
eto pla link nung poem na gawa ko
Friendship Poem
i miss joillibee, max fried chicken, chowking, fishball sa kalye, siopao na gawa ng tunay na pinoy, hmm yummy
Ester's Raptured Dreams
Ester's Celebrity Blog
Ester's Money Journal
hehehe ganyan rin me pero d2 malapit lng fil store kaya sa ngaun dko namimiss kc andun na mga gus2 ko.happy wednesday.
Sheng,
i understand the feeling fren. i know how much you miss Filipino foods like adobo, lechong manok, ginisang ampalaya, pinakbet, paksiw, tinola, kare-kare.... (should i proceed or you're already crying dahil di mo natitikman mga to? hahaha!)
Naku Mummy Sheng...hindi ka nag iisa. Kahit may ingredients here, I can't seem to cook it the way I like it. Ang hirap. We just went to a Phil store we used to go to sa aming old house kasi Phil store talaga. Yung dito sa amin ngayon Asian store so very limited ang supplies.
Hay....by the way, thanks for always dropping by kahi MIA ako for the last few days.
Mommy J
hayyy ako rin...mga street foods miss ko haha..
pregger sis? hehehe..
I felt the same when I was in Bahrain, pero was fortunate coz there's loads of filipino resto their kaya I don't miss filipino food that much..but still there's no place like home.. iba pa rin syempre ang feeling ng nagluluto ikaw ng filipino food sa bahay.. am glad naman at Mk loves filipino dishes..
sis breakfast tag for you! :]
ikaw lang ba ako din, miss ko na ang mga pagkain sa malls, hmm sarap just imagining nalang ako..thanks for the visit..
Mommy Sheng, how do you like Afritadang Manok? If you like it, try my recipe. I posted it in our site. My hubby loves it so much especially that I added a little bit of paprika for a spicy twist instead of his favorite hot chili sauce.
luto mo na lang muna yung mga pwede jan, tapos bawi ka na lang pag uwi mo dito ;)
grab one of your tag and posted here sheng..
May craving din ako. Rambotan, bulalo, guava, chowking especially yong halo2x, jollibee at marami pa. hehe! Sad to say na baka sa 2010 pa ako maka uwi nito. huhuhu!! Sa ngayon hanggang sa pana ginip nalang. hhaayyy!!
Hi mommy sheng! ako alam mo lagi ko naiisip ay ISAW!!! ewan ko kung bakit pero crave ako talaga!
Hi Sheng, baka preggy ka na hahaha.. Joke! The way i do it is just invent my own fil. cooking here since iba yung available ings.. Hirap talaga ng malayo sa inang bayan lol..
yey! I'll be home next month! Ikain na lang kita Sheng lol!
haha same here sheng! i know the feeling of craving something that you can't get right away. it's really grrrrrr! like today, i crave for tocino but not an ordinary tocino. i like to eat my aunt's home made tocino but she's in pinas and i'm here. was looking for the recipe on the net but i can't find it. if my craving won't be gone this week, i'll call my aunt just to ask her tocino recipe. that's the only way out so i can taste and eat tocino again. :)
How about cooking some Sheng? That would definitely solve the problem. You can use substitute since it is not too easy to find the exact ingredients around.
And if you do not have a clue how gonna make them, just make some searches on how to have them cooked. It is all online, no worries needed. ^^
There are times talaga that we're like that. The only difference is, what i crave, i can get right away unlike u. Hehe.
Enjoy your day ahead, Sheng and thank you for the comforting words and the votes. I appreciate it. (",)
hi mum..back to work.
txs too for the add of insights on exodus ni juan. true, very true iyong notes mo..sana someday, di na ganito sa phils no, para di na tayo aalis/umalis..
it seems besides shopping, food tripping is also ur weakness, huh..
di bale inshalla, ibalik ng destiny ang family nyo dito sa UAE, para ka ulit nasa Pinas,..whew! the de belchior supermaket (all pinoy goodies)..are mushrooming around!
I like Filipino food too!!
Post a Comment